PDA

View Full Version : Just Some Stuff this Winter

LastGent
Jan 4, 2012, 7:00 PM
Sometimes, in my lifeless life, quirks happen. Such as my mother's birthday. Her mother, Pat or 'Bill' as her friends call her , got her a present, a very special, something-you-would-never-EVER-think-of gift: poop.
IMPORTED poop. From the United Kingdom.
Five pounds sterling worth of poop.
ELEPHANT poop.
Turdus pachydermus, to put it delicately.
Collected from zoos and safari parks. (The poop pickers remain unknown.)
An awkward moment followed do to the revealing of the poop box alongside Pat/Bill's homemade fudge brownies, which, do to her literal interpretation of food preparation, led to some embarrassing comments as to the brownies' flavor.

Another quirk is the discovery of what caused my computer to disconnect constantly. Long, long ago-like three weeks-a Harrison Bank in my area had a malfunctioning ATM machine. ATT was called to fix it. They spliced some wires and all was well, but it turned out that the wire reconnected was from our telephone lines, so that whenever a Harrison patron made a withdrawal, our computer disconnected. Eventually we became fed up with this and called ATT. They went out back and spliced some wires and at last we had consistent internet connection, but it turned out that the wire reconnected was from the ATM machine, and that machine stopped working. Harrison Bank once more called ATT, more wires were spliced, and our landlines went completely dead. We once more summoned forth ATT, more wires were crisscrossed and the ATM machine was back on the fritz. The bank called ATT but do to the mismatched wires, our telephone number kept being listed and they came back to our house. Eventually all was made clear and harmony was restored.

During the presidency of Dubya, I contemplated making bumper stickers stating "I Support the Separation between Bush and State", in light of his religious comments. Wishing to become more politically aware, I took it upon myself to research the attitudes of the current presidential candidates. Outside of the depressing revelation that most Republicans running are morons, I am once more considering my bumper sticker business, though now they shall say "I Support the Separation between Santorum and State", based on his racist and anti-birth control remarks, especially the one where he stated contraception allows couples to do "things" (his exact word). By the Lady Freya not THINGS!! (gasp!!) DOOOM and GLOOOOM!!!

Information for this blurb has been provided by: a box of elephant poop on top to the television set; an ATT technician; and thinkprogress.org

keefer201
Jan 4, 2012, 7:48 PM
you can go fuck yourself! you slam him, you slam me. go fuck yourself.

keefer201
Jan 4, 2012, 7:50 PM
I'll put you with another cunt male on this site. fuck you.

LastGent
Jan 4, 2012, 8:06 PM
Mr. Keefer201, thank you for the suggestion of anally penetrating myself, I have been thinking about it for the past two days. Maybe on Saturday when the other tenants are away I can have enough spare time. Such an understanding, from yourself and others, is a rare thing. Most men are too sexually insecure to express their sexuality manfully.

pepperjack
Jan 4, 2012, 8:10 PM
Sometimes, in my lifeless life, quirks happen. Such as my mother's birthday. Her mother, Pat or 'Bill' as her friends call her , got her a present, a very special, something-you-would-never-EVER-think-of gift: poop.
IMPORTED poop. From the United Kingdom.
Five pounds sterling worth of poop.
ELEPHANT poop.
Turdus pachydermus, to put it delicately.
Collected from zoos and safari parks. (The poop pickers remain unknown.)
An awkward moment followed do to the revealing of the poop box alongside Pat/Bill's homemade fudge brownies, which, do to her literal interpretation of food preparation, led to some embarrassing comments as to the brownies' flavor.

Another quirk is the discovery of what caused my computer to disconnect constantly. Long, long ago-like three weeks-a Harrison Bank in my area had a malfunctioning ATM machine. ATT was called to fix it. They spliced some wires and all was well, but it turned out that the wire reconnected was from our telephone lines, so that whenever a Harrison patron made a withdrawal, our computer disconnected. Eventually we became fed up with this and called ATT. They went out back and spliced some wires and at last we had consistent internet connection, but it turned out that the wire reconnected was from the ATM machine, and that machine stopped working. Harrison Bank once more called ATT, more wires were spliced, and our landlines went completely dead. We once more summoned forth ATT, more wires were crisscrossed and the ATM machine was back on the fritz. The bank called ATT but do to the mismatched wires, our telephone number kept being listed and they came back to our house. Eventually all was made clear and harmony was restored.

During the presidency of Dubya, I contemplated making bumper stickers stating "I Support the Separation between Bush and State", in light of his religious comments. Wishing to become more politically aware, I took it upon myself to research the attitudes of the current presidential candidates. Outside of the depressing revelation that most Republicans running are morons, I am once more considering my bumper sticker business, though now they shall say "I Support the Separation between Santorum and State", based on his racist and anti-birth control remarks, especially the one where he stated contraception allows couples to do "things" (his exact word). By the Lady Freya not THINGS!! (gasp!!) DOOOM and GLOOOOM!!!

Information for this blurb has been provided by: a box of elephant poop on top to the television set; an ATT technician; and thinkprogress.org

I seriously doubt any of the GOP nominees got to where they presently are by being morons. Just another case of a "moronic-pot-calling-the-kettle-black wannabe." Guess it shouldn't be surprising someone obsessed with elephant dung is full of it.:rolleyes:

æonpax
Jan 4, 2012, 8:24 PM
Speaking of Santorum and anal sex..... http://spreadingsantorum.com/

LastGent
Jan 4, 2012, 9:00 PM
For Mr. pepperjack. I never understood the 'pot-kettle-black' phrase, first exposed to it in a comic book. What does it mean? I am truly disapointed with the Republican candidates. Mr. Romney wants to ban same-sex marriage, Mr. Cain wants to ban Muslims from his cabinet, Mr. Gingrich blames poor children for being poor, Mrs. Bachmann signed a statement that folk of African descent were better off being slaves because it kept families together, Mr. Paul published a racist newsletter, and Mr. Perry's ads suggest he wants to be elected solely because he's a Christian. It's all gone down the toilet for me. They're all bigoted about something, if I was a candidate, and these nominees were my voters, none of them would vote for me based on the opinions I have presented.
I did not know President Bush no. 2 and Mr. Santorum were so well supported on this site, simply because it's against etiquette to start a witch hunt for political affiliation. If you voted for these two my comments are not a judgment on your mental ability, since you have made no public statements regarding these issues, only that of the politicians, who increasingly become morons whenever a video camera is pointed at them.
I pardon your misunderstanding.

pepperjack
Jan 4, 2012, 9:08 PM
For Mr. pepperjack. I never understood the 'pot-kettle-black' phrase, first exposed to it in a comic book. What does it mean? I am truly disapointed with the Republican candidates. Mr. Romney wants to ban same-sex marriage, Mr. Cain wants to ban Muslims from his cabinet, Mr. Gingrich blames poor children for being poor, Mrs. Bachmann signed a statement that folk of African descent were better off being slaves because it kept families together, Mr. Paul published a racist newsletter, and Mr. Perry's ads suggest he wants to be elected solely because he's a Christian. It's all gone down the toilet for me. They're all bigoted about something, if I was a candidate, and these nominees were my voters, none of them would vote for me based on the opinions I have presented.
I did not know President Bush no. 2 and Mr. Santorum were so well supported on this site, simply because it's against etiquette to start a witch hunt for political affiliation. If you voted for these two my comments are not a judgment on your mental ability, since you have made no public statements regarding these issues, only that of the politicians, who increasingly become morons whenever a video camera is pointed at them.
I pardon your misunderstanding.

Once again, no surprise you got your education from a comic book!

pepperjack
Jan 4, 2012, 9:22 PM
Mr. Keefer201, thank you for the suggestion of anally penetrating myself, I have been thinking about it for the past two days. Maybe on Saturday when the other tenants are away I can have enough spare time. Such an understanding, from yourself and others, is a rare thing. Most men are too sexually insecure to express their sexuality manfully.

Uh, go reference your comic book once again; at the age of 30,you're presuming to speak for most men?

pepperjack
Jan 4, 2012, 9:34 PM

So now we've evolved from calling each other a "piece of shit," ( colloquialism) to just plain diarrhea.

keefer201
Jan 4, 2012, 9:51 PM
Listen up here. Never toss a fucking firebomb into a theatre. You knew that from the minute you put this up. Dumb cunts, like Aeon, will automatically run through hell with a gas can to reply. Be nice. I can appreciate a well spoken defense of Obama, it's American. Just don't be a douchebag about it.

pepperjack
Jan 4, 2012, 10:23 PM
Listen up here. Never toss a fucking firebomb into a theatre. You knew that from the minute you put this up. Dumb cunts, like Aeon, will automatically run through hell with a gas can to reply. Be nice. I can appreciate a well spoken defense of Obama, it's American. Just don't be a douchebag about it.

I thought I was being civil, Keefe. I also thought the OP was trying to provoke a reaction. I can also respect a good defense of Obama but I was defending GOP candidates. Not that I'm partisan; I just respect whom I respect.

æonpax
Jan 4, 2012, 10:40 PM
I thought I was being civil, Keefe. I also thought the OP was trying to provoke a reaction. I can also respect a good defense of Obama but I was defending GOP candidates. Not that I'm partisan; I just respect whom I respect.

I guess somebody should. Never in the history of of the US has any party ever fielded such a group of stupid, misfit, buffoonish clowns, as the republicans (teapublicans) have this year. Quite sad ya know. But, to each, their own.

http://i.imgur.com/G1RLA.jpg

pepperjack
Jan 4, 2012, 10:59 PM
I guess somebody should. Never in the history of of the US has any party ever fielded such a group of stupid, misfit, buffoonish clowns, as the republicans (teapublicans) have this year. Quite sad ya know. But, to each, their own.

http://i.imgur.com/G1RLA.jpg

"Never in the history of the US....." As if that's really factual. I referred to Obama as " a silver-tongued devil " in 2008; turns out I was right. I'm not feeling sad, but rather, hopeful.

æonpax
Jan 5, 2012, 12:20 AM
"Never in the history of the US....." As if that's really factual. I referred to Obama as " a silver-tongued devil " in 2008; turns out I was right. I'm not feeling sad, but rather, hopeful.

I don't want to get off topic too much but I have a list of reasons why I will NOT vote for Obama either:

1. His policies continually support Corporate US at the expense of US jobs.

2. He would not prosecute George W Bush for his crimes against humanity and the US Constitution.

3. He has no viable plan for reducing the debt nor has made an effort to do so.

4. He will not withdraw troops from the 130 countries our military occupies (over 250,000 military personnel).

5. He will not end the destructive and perpetual war on drugs which benefits only the US corporations.

6. His campaign is primarily funded by Fortune 500 corporations. (see #1)

7. He has not supported amnesty and eventual citizenship for these people whom might qualify.

8. He is not truly committed to the core principals of the US Constitution (despite what he claims).

9. His Obamacare legislation didn’t not go far enough nor did it address the root cause of high health care costs. Worse, he’s already willing to bargain away what little was gained to the teapublicans.

10. He got us involved in a useless war in Libya in which already, hard-line Islamic fanatics are already taking control.

11. He has broken his promise to veto any bills allowing the indefinite detention of Americans.

12. He has supported laws that restrict the free flow of information on the internet. Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA), also known as H.R. 3261.

13. He has not put a stop to torture nor closed the Guantanamo Bay concentration camp.

14. He has not supported Workers Rights.

15. He has not provided transparency in government (as he promised) nor allowed for the public to view as bill before he signs it, as he promised.

16. Obama promised America he would loosen the grip of lobbyists on Washington. He as done absolutely nothing to stop this abuse.

17. He has usurped the meaning and spirit of the Bill of Rights by signing the NDAA or National Defense Authorization Act.

18. He comes down hard on Federal Whistle Blowers and the media that publish leaks, such as Jesselyn Radack, Bradley Manning, Shamai Leibowitz, Jeffrey Sterling, James Risen and Julian Assange.

keefer201
Jan 5, 2012, 12:28 AM

Not at all meant toward you.

void()
Jan 5, 2012, 1:18 AM

Apologies. Cannot fathom a well spoken defence of any politician now, being presented, ever.

"Obama was coerced or blackmailed ... blah blah blah"

*hollow stare*

Hicks (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090605/quotes?qt0424737): Remember: short, controlled bursts.

Hephaestion
Jan 5, 2012, 4:40 AM
Wow! It's true. The Natural History Museum of London UK is peddling dried poo. The runes tell of this insitution being full of it. Contrary to advert, it would also appear that this instution also has developed a plague of Directors generating it and that a reference library was dismantled and some books destroyed to give the afore mentioned a place to play together. Nice to know that Science is in safe hands. Perhaps Samuel L Jackson's film 'the 51st State' has portent in it's title.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Natural-History-Museum-seeds-Styles/dp/B002GYVG60/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325754970&sr=8-1

Love the tale of LastGent's experience with ATT and the ATM. One assumes that the fawcetts still give water and that the electricity sockets give electricity and not vice versa.

Incidental question - why does George Bush junior (Dubya) not look like George Bush senior?

(From the CannonBAll Run)
Buford T. Justice: [to his son] There's no way, *no* way that you came from *my* loins. Soon as I get home, first thing I'm gonna do is punch yo mamma in da mouth!

No - couldn't be.

darkeyes
Jan 5, 2012, 7:51 AM
you can go fuck yourself! you slam him, you slam me. go fuck yourself.
Ya know hun.. it is all very well having beliefs and passions.. try arguing them and not just slagging peeps off cos they think differently from u... many peeps have slagged off Georgie boy in these forums and with justice.. me included..often.. but usually by arguing coherently of why he was a dick not simply by saying he was one.. it is good exercise for the mind thinking out arguments to support what we believe..

void()
Jan 5, 2012, 8:36 AM
Ya know hun.. it is all very well having beliefs and passions.. try arguing them and not just slagging peeps off cos they think differently from u... many peeps have slagged off Georgie boy in these forums and with justice.. me included..often.. but usually by arguing coherently of why he was a dick not simply by saying he was one.. it is good exercise for the mind thinking out arguments to support what we believe..

Always have appreciated the summarized argument of 'from George To George, Native Americans were and are continually screwed.' There are other arguments which reflect negatively on George Bush, both Jr and Sr.

I have declared all politicians 'crappy people' which equates to calling them persona non grata. This means I will be reticent about/to/for them as to me they no longer exist. It may seem an ostrich tactic. I view it as quite aggressive and dominate. They no longer have any power if ignored out of existence.

Kurtz (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078788/quotes?qt0324878): We must kill them. We must incinerate them. Pig after pig... cow after cow... village after village... army after army...

darkeyes
Jan 7, 2012, 6:11 AM
I have declared all politicians 'crappy people' which equates to calling them persona non grata. This means I will be reticent about/to/for them as to me they no longer exist. It may seem an ostrich tactic. I view it as quite aggressive and dominate. They no longer have any power if ignored out of existence.

Ya hav?..U do?.. It does... It is?..They don't, Voidie? Wow babes.. do u have a rude awakenin' cummin ur way...;)

void()
Jan 7, 2012, 8:32 AM
Ya hav?..U do?.. It does... It is?..They don't, Voidie? Wow babes.. do u have a rude awakenin' cummin ur way...;)

I understand your point. I do not think I am one to have a rude awakening though. I think it will be the politicians, once many start accepting this method. I am tired of waking every day and seeing the bullshit, hearing it, feeling powerless, feeling like a gun is in my face. So, fuck it, I'll ignore it out of existence. I can at least do that much. And with no one having such power in my mind, I am truly free. I will be the change I seek in the world.

You may be missing what I am actually doing. The politicos seek to have everyone ignorant and under their control. Well, I am giving them my ignorance. Not my problem if they no longer have control over me. I am declaring a war of ignorance on politicos, religious, affluent, pseudo-intellectuals, ass holes, jerks, crappy people. I can ignore them just fine. if they no longer exist to me, they no longer have control. I'll fight fire with fire by giving them what they desire, my ignorance.

Everyone else may alter words to suit their definitions to their liking. I can as well.

LastGent
Jan 7, 2012, 12:24 PM
Mr. Pepperjack, please provide evidence that the comic book in question, Welcome to the Jungle by Jim Butcher, is 1. took part in my education in any way or 2. contains the sum total of my education. Also, regarding your post at 8:22 p.m., what do I need to reference the aforementioned comic book again for? I wasn't quoting from it. Also, for what reasons can I not speak for all men? Is is because I'm not an elected official of some sort? Some of them are not much older than me, though, so I don't see why I should be discriminated against. At what age must I be to make a 'general male population' statement?

Mr. Keefer201, your misogynistic comments are uncalled for. Your term 'cunt male' may mean that a man is less a one if he is associated in anyway with a vulva, and therefore inferior, do to perceived effeminacy; or you may be referring to males who are born with vulva like anatomy do to a genetic mutation, and that such persons are inferior because of their appearance. Such prejudice is psychotic because it rejects the reality of equality among all humans, and I protest all bigotry as psychoses that need to be cured. Another statement of yours, which supports my disapproval, is 'dumb cunts, like Aeon'. This a direct reference to a common belief among males that females are inferior life forms because most of them were born with vaginas. Such a belief has no basis in reality, and it also suggests that only someone with a vagina (and thereby stupid) would criticize a Republican candidate. Is your sexism unrepentant?

fredtyg
Jan 7, 2012, 12:45 PM
I don't want to get off topic too much but I have a list of reasons why I will NOT vote for Obama either:

Past two- term Governor of New Mexico, Gary Johnson (http://www.garyjohnson2012.com/), has left the Republican Party and is now seeking the Libertarian Party's presidential nomination. He recently received the highest score of all the current presidential candidates, including Obama, on the ACLU's Civil Liberties Scorecard (http://www.aclulibertywatch.org/ALWCandidateReportCard.pdf) (warning-.pdf file).

You'll want to consider voting for him when the time comes.

darkeyes
Jan 7, 2012, 12:56 PM
You may be missing what I am actually doing. The politicos seek to have everyone ignorant and under their control. Well, I am giving them my ignorance. Not my problem if they no longer have control over me. I am declaring a war of ignorance on politicos, religious, affluent, pseudo-intellectuals, ass holes, jerks, crappy people. I can ignore them just fine. if they no longer exist to me, they no longer have control. I'll fight fire with fire by giving them what they desire, my ignorance.

Everyone else may alter words to suit their definitions to their liking. I can as well.

Havent missed ur point Voidie... am on ur side.. but no matter wot we do long as we live wer we do in the system we hav they will always have some control over our lives maybe not individually but collectively... trick is 2 create such a rumpus and give them so much stress that it is kept 2 a minimum an wot control if ne they have is beneficial 2 us not them... iggyin the buggers they then think they can do wtf they like...;)

pepperjack
Jan 7, 2012, 6:08 PM
Havent missed ur point Voidie... am on ur side.. but no matter wot we do long as we live wer we do in the system we hav they will always have some control over our lives maybe not individually but collectively... trick is 2 create such a rumpus and give them so much stress that it is kept 2 a minimum an wot control if ne they have is beneficial 2 us not them... iggyin the buggers they then think they can do wtf they like...;)

Yes we do have personal power! It's usually possessed by those with good self-esteem no matter their station in life. A quality of that power is the ability to influence others & I don't mean manipulation but rather the ability to inspire, motivate, lead by example.:cool:

Jobelorocks
Jan 7, 2012, 6:19 PM
Last election I voted independent because I didn't like either the republican or democrat candidates. I do research on each candidate and then I choose who fits my views best. People say I am wasting my vote, but I would never vote for someone I didn't feel represented me.

void()
Jan 8, 2012, 1:14 AM
iggyin the buggers they then think they can do wtf they like...

That's fine until they call from the ranks of folks ignoring to go to war. We will no longer hear their rallying cries for it. The same for them bringing warrants to search our homes. "Sorry officer, you may not enter my property even with a warrant. Have a nice one."

Does not take much intellect to understand the principles stated below.

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

cite: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/constitution_transcript.html

It would be justice to defend one's own domestic tranquillity, even from appointed police, military, militia. Further defence of one's own liberty, posterity and general welfare would also be justice.

Also this is present as the ninth and tenth amendment, respectively.

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

cite: http://www.ratical.org/co-globalize/BillOfRights.html

Continuing on, we find a loaded cannon.

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--

If they are ignored, no consent is granted unto them for we the people have in essence thrown off such Government as would commit a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism. Our ignoring them boldly states we no longer accept their abuses and usurpations. Using ignorance in the sense of an active verb causes it to be taken up as a weapon in severing our ties.

This is like I once stated before, voting no confidence. It is a vote stating you no longer accept the governing body. There is no longer faith in it deriving just powers from the governed. Why vote when the governing no longer represent an individual, or even a society at large? Same as Stalin said, not the votes which count, but they whom count the votes. That continues to be the governing body as has been proven with an electoral college granted an ability to appoint offices arbitrarily without consent of the governed populace. So again, why vote aside from no confidence, or ignoring them and throwing them off?

Why not show the world a true land of the free? Allow the people full individual autonomy. This is not to say no governing. Democracy can work as Thomas Paine suggested, under the shade of a tree in the village, town. Make it direct like Sweden. They still have a government yet people are mostly autonomous. The government there does provide for the people, lest the people vote the government out. And this is local, in villages, towns and national. Direct democracy, no representatives.

Of course, that may also fall under a dire need of educating the populace far better. Guess that means no soap because the likes of Barnum, Morgan, Johnson & Johnson, Procter Gamble, and so on want Americans saddled with infinite debt, serving as serfs. They will continue pushing for higher education as a requirement of better work, and forcing the cost of education to sky-rocket in America. Education should be free the same as America's people. We have all paid for the blue of loyalty and white of purity and justice with more than a fair share of red blood, our government should grant us. It was a war won against The East Indian Trading Company & a Monarch long ago.

Those whom lost played the tune _The Day the World Turned Upside Down_ as a retreat march from American shores. Must we again fight that same damnable war? Can we not evolve instead of revolving? Ignore them away. They lose all power. War over. We win again.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Jan 8, 2012, 1:29 AM
Damn, I was going to make a cute comment about how it would have been funny if money popped out of your computer by mistake from the ATM, but afraid it would turn into some sort of political tirade. :rolleyes:
It Was funny about the Elephant poop tho...lol
Cat

pepperjack
Jan 8, 2012, 6:22 AM
I am absolutely awed by the power to ignore!:rolleyes:

darkeyes
Jan 8, 2012, 6:40 AM
That's fine until they call from the ranks of folks ignoring to go to war. We will no longer hear their rallying cries for it. The same for them bringing warrants to search our homes. "Sorry officer, you may not enter my property even with a warrant. Have a nice one."

Does not take much intellect to understand the principles stated below.

It would be justice to defend one's own domestic tranquillity, even from appointed police, military, militia. Further defence of one's own liberty, posterity and general welfare would also be justice.

Also this is present as the ninth and tenth amendment, respectively.

Continuing on, we find a loaded cannon.

If they are ignored, no consent is granted unto them for we the people have in essence thrown off such Government as would commit a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism. Our ignoring them boldly states we no longer accept their abuses and usurpations. Using ignorance in the sense of an active verb causes it to be taken up as a weapon in severing our ties.

This is like I once stated before, voting no confidence. It is a vote stating you no longer accept the governing body. There is no longer faith in it deriving just powers from the governed. Why vote when the governing no longer represent an individual, or even a society at large? Same as Stalin said, not the votes which count, but they whom count the votes. That continues to be the governing body as has been proven with an electoral college granted an ability to appoint offices arbitrarily without consent of the governed populace. So again, why vote aside from no confidence, or ignoring them and throwing them off?

Why not show the world a true land of the free? Allow the people full individual autonomy. This is not to say no governing. Democracy can work as Thomas Paine suggested, under the shade of a tree in the village, town. Make it direct like Sweden. They still have a government yet people are mostly autonomous. The government there does provide for the people, lest the people vote the government out. And this is local, in villages, towns and national. Direct democracy, no representatives.

Of course, that may also fall under a dire need of educating the populace far better. Guess that means no soap because the likes of Barnum, Morgan, Johnson & Johnson, Procter Gamble, and so on want Americans saddled with infinite debt, serving as serfs. They will continue pushing for higher education as a requirement of better work, and forcing the cost of education to sky-rocket in America. Education should be free the same as America's people. We have all paid for the blue of loyalty and white of purity and justice with more than a fair share of red blood, our government should grant us. It was a war won against The East Indian Trading Company & a Monarch long ago.

Those whom lost played the tune _The Day the World Turned Upside Down_ as a retreat march from American shores. Must we again fight that same damnable war? Can we not evolve instead of revolving? Ignore them away. They lose all power. War over. We win again.

They do? Did no one explain to u that silence means asset?

pepperjack
Jan 8, 2012, 6:57 AM
....in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength. Isaiah30:15

void()
Jan 8, 2012, 8:49 AM
They do? Did no one explain to u that silence means asset?

The Constitution is not a Terms Of Service and silence does not constitute consent, or agreement. Too many people misconstrue that phrase and conflate it to meaning something it does not. Silence means there is a withdraw of the people's voice in a land governed by the people. If no people involve themselves, the governing body will then be seen as the corrupt and wilfully disobedient child it is. Dogs and children can both be effectively scolded without saying a word, raising a hand. This would mean the state could be captured intact and in full. It is our nation, we need to take it back.

void()
Jan 8, 2012, 9:05 AM
....in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength. Isaiah30:15

In darkness ye shall work ...

Something else from Isaiah. Cannot quote an exact reference point, but do recall it being in Isaiah. When I was six, for Mennonite Bible study, an assignment was to dissect and elucidate upon the meanings of metaphors, parables in Isaiah. A select few of us were half way taught a minimal bit of low German as well. The reasoning was that German variation on Latin and Greek is different than English. Of course, now I'm lucky to recall any of it.

Not all of us were born fully as we are presently. Some have even came here by researching a lot of the world. Often we are the ones whom ask questions no one can answer. We are told to keep asking despite no answers. I've said too much and not enough.

darkeyes
Jan 8, 2012, 9:25 AM
It is our nation, we need to take it back.

I agree wivya mostly Voidie... try it an c wer it getsya...do it in me own way here... am owt but silent bout it.. they cudnt give a sod bout silence... they will quite happily tootle along wiv every1 bein silent an doin' wot they like.. try an take our nations back through silence by the time we finally find our voice we will have no rights left, b poor as fuck (an lots r now) all live in hovels (an lots do now) an will have to struggle that bit harder to undo ther doins...

Ya dont progress by keepin ya gob shut or keepin ya head down or yasel 2 yasel, Voidie...ya change nowt cept 2 make things worse... ya keepya gob shut they think ur on ther side cosyas not kickin up a stink.. that or yas so apathetic u cudnt give a bugga.. an silence an apathy an inaction they will live wiv quite happily...they luff it an encourage it...dont u believe it wen they tellya they want a participatory democracy...thats the last thing eitha politicians or the folk that really run the place want...

...will carry on bein big gobbed tyvm... an goin out on streets doin things.. an spendin me time an me money on causes I believe in.. fucked if they r gonna get an easy ride wich is wot u advocate means in reality...:)

pepperjack
Jan 8, 2012, 7:18 PM
In darkness ye shall work ...

Something else from Isaiah. Cannot quote an exact reference point, but do recall it being in Isaiah. When I was six, for Mennonite Bible study, an assignment was to dissect and elucidate upon the meanings of metaphors, parables in Isaiah. A select few of us were half way taught a minimal bit of low German as well. The reasoning was that German variation on Latin and Greek is different than English. Of course, now I'm lucky to recall any of it.

Not all of us were born fully as we are presently. Some have even came here by researching a lot of the world. Often we are the ones whom ask questions no one can answer. We are told to keep asking despite no answers. I've said too much and not enough.

Actually, I haven't worked the night shift in several years; doesn't agree with me; throws my body clock out of wack.:rolleyes:

pepperjack
Jan 16, 2012, 8:15 AM

This doesn't qualify as shallow and demeaning?

darkeyes
Jan 16, 2012, 9:02 AM
This doesn't qualify as shallow and demeaning?

It is Pepper.. but very, very funny, shallow and demeaning tho... took ya time 2 notice it... but no matter... ya gave me an excuse for another giggle.. ta for that... personally if it was my surname it would havta go... quite happy with mine tho an have swum in the river wich wos its origin.. pssst.. dont tell ne1 ... even wee'd in it 1ce.. rude naughty Fran...

btw.. the Guardian if I remember did a lil funny on Mr Santorum's name an its meaning.. and that is a very serious newspaper... lil flashes of irreverance for the great and good.. or not so good whichever the case may be.. just like we should all have from time 2 time...

pepperjack
Jan 16, 2012, 10:40 AM
It is Pepper.. but very, very funny, shallow and demeaning tho... took ya time 2 notice it... but no matter... ya gave me an excuse for another giggle.. ta for that... personally if it was my surname it would havta go... quite happy with mine tho an have swum in the river wich wos its origin.. pssst.. dont tell ne1 ... even wee'd in it 1ce.. rude naughty Fran...

btw.. the Guardian if I remember did a lil funny on Mr Santorum's name an its meaning.. and that is a very serious newspaper... lil flashes of irreverance for the great and good.. or not so good whichever the case may be.. just like we should all have from time 2 time...

I can enjoy a little irreverent humor at times but I'm also of the mindset that disrespect begets disrespect. I guess part of my reaction to that stemmed from experiences with members of a younger generation who routinely like to refer to other people as " a piece of shit." :cool:

darkeyes
Jan 16, 2012, 11:02 AM
Irreverence of course does not necessarily mean disprespect... I'm irreverent 'bout many people and many things but have nowt but the greatest respect for them.. but I suspect that in the case in question there isnt a lot of respect behind the irreverence... and if I may say quite candidly if that is the case, based on my knowledge of the gentleman in question, I dont blame æon in the least...

It is not generally my way to refer to people as a piece of shit but occasionally, one crops up who thinks, talks and acts shitty and it can easily be argued that they are quite deserving of the mantle...... always of course depending on one's point of view...;)

æonpax
Jan 16, 2012, 4:49 PM
Irreverence of course does not necessarily mean disprespect... I'm irreverent 'bout many people and many things but have nowt but the greatest respect for them.. but I suspect that in the case in question there isnt a lot of respect behind the irreverence... and if I may say quite candidly if that is the case, based on my knowledge of the gentleman in question, I dont blame æon in the least...

It is not generally my way to refer to people as a piece of shit but occasionally, one crops up who thinks, talks and acts shitty and it can easily be argued that they are quite deserving of the mantle...... always of course depending on one's point of view...;)

Respect has to be earned, it is not freely given. In the case of GOP candidate Rick Santorum, he has definitely earned my disrespect and the disrespect of millions of others for this vile and hateful comments about gays, among other things.

“Spreadingsantorum.com” was a site set up in 2003 by Dan Savage (Savage Love) in response to then U.S. Senator Santorum's views on homosexuality. (see source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campaign_for_%22santorum%22_neologism ) It is of course, a parody site among many others featuring Santorum, that have sprung up over the years in regards to his anti-gay views.

The last thing this country needs is an extreme, far-right conservative like him in the Whitehouse. He has earned and deserves all the disrespect that is being given him. At a recent GOP debate, a gay US solider was jeered and Santorum, applauded for his anti-gay stance. (one of many sources: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKtzOjAWGIE )

Some people are emotionally upset about the spreadingsntorum site, too bad, but Free Speech in this country is a cherished liberty and those agitated and distressed by this, are just going to have to deal with it.