PDA

View Full Version : Acne! Help! :(

deletetacount123
May 21, 2007, 1:17 PM
Anyone else have this problem??

My face seems VERY prone to acnes.... I have tried EVERYTHING.... from the expensive stuff on the shopping channel to the stuff you buy in the store.
I keep getting acne..... sometimes a new product seems to work then it just quits.

Im almost 28... I look so young.... this acne face is gonna make me look like a TEEN. lol ahhhhhhhhhhhhh no wonder I can't get dates... Older women think I must be a teenager or to young.... and younger girls think Im to mature for them.

Normally I don't care about acne... and I know everyone gets it.
My skin is VERY dry and senstive.... It would be nice to have a clear looking skin :) Right now Im using Biore cause a friend of mine claimed it was the best stuff for her skin but ugh.... its making my skin break out.

It seems just as I find a product that works PERFECTLY they discountine it.

Any advice??
Don't tell me to use Proactive.... i heard it really drys out your skin and I already have the issue with dryness.

Tasha

littlerayofsunshine
May 21, 2007, 3:59 PM
Tasha, One product I use is Acne free (http://www.acnefree.com/af) and the one I love the most is St. Ives (http://www.stives.com/skin-care-products/facial-blemish-scrub.cfm) Cleared up my skin quickly, lessened redness and also helps with my dry /oily skin,and doesn't aggravate my facial eczema too. You also might want to try a light moisturizer with Salicylic acid in it.

Herbwoman39
May 21, 2007, 4:01 PM
From aholistic standpoint, acne is an indication of a liver that is not properly detoxifying. Start drinking a cup of dandelion root tea each day in conjunction with the cleansers that you're already using and see what happens.

Azrael
May 21, 2007, 7:17 PM
Perhaps a mild antibiotic? Doxycycline maybe?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doxycycline

Say it with me, "Wikipedia is my friend" :bigrin:

flexuality
May 21, 2007, 9:01 PM
Say it with me, "Wikipedia is my friend" :bigrin:

LOL!! Yep! It is! :tong:

deletetacount123
May 21, 2007, 9:06 PM
Tasha, One product I use is Acne free (http://www.acnefree.com/af) and the one I love the most is St. Ives (http://www.stives.com/skin-care-products/facial-blemish-scrub.cfm) Cleared up my skin quickly, lessened redness and also helps with my dry /oily skin,and doesn't aggravate my facial eczema too. You also might want to try a light moisturizer with Salicylic acid in it.

We don;t have Acne Free in Canada or at least Ive never seen it!!! Will check out the site thanks.
I did go shopping today after reading your post (had to grocery shop) and picked up some St Ives blemish scrub so hopefully that does something!!! Thanks for the suggestion Sunshine :)

Tasha

Mrs.F
May 21, 2007, 9:19 PM
No need to feel bad about being older and having acne Tasha...I'm now 35 and have had a problem with acne for yrs. The ONLY time I didn't have acne was when I was pregnant...usually that's when most women break out. I finally got fed up and decided to try the ProActiv and I LOVE IT! I have really fine, pale skin also, but my face is an oil pit..I swear! I have been very happy with ProActiv and it's helped alot. More then anything else ever has, including antibiotics. :(

the sacred night
May 21, 2007, 9:37 PM
I'm 20 years old and I've had acne since I was like 10... I can't even remember what it's like not to have it. I have been to several doctors for it and none of the things they have prescribed have helped. Finally I just said fuck it and quit wasting my money on it. I do try things occasionally if I see something that looks different from what I've tried before, but overall I'm just hoping it'll go away by the time I'm 30...

deletetacount123
May 22, 2007, 12:33 AM
Ya, I no longer worry about what other people think of my acne... so, I have them, so what??

But you know how it is... you want to look nice for work or something and then you think everything but your face is good and in your head you go "ugh!!!" lol

Oh well :) I keep trying to drink MORE water too and not be stressed since lack of water and stress can make acne worse :)

I got St Ives today that Sunshine said she used so maybe that will do something.

BIORE is BAD BAD BAD..... its making my skin break out.
A friend is against "Clear"... she said its suppose to be acne fighting but now refers it to as "the cause of acne" lol

Tasha

Turboguy
May 22, 2007, 4:02 AM
I had bad acne as a teen and into my 20's. Around 25 or so, I decided....enough. I had been to the doctor, the dermatologist, ect. They all tried different things with antibiotics, ect. Nothing helped.

A friend of mine had had the same problem and used acutane prescribed by her dermatologist. I finally found a new deratologist, and was just 100 precent honest with him. Told him I was fed up with it, and what the other doctors had tried. I told him I wanted Acutane. He questioned me a bit, as acutane is a HUGE bad drug. It can cause bad liver problems. I told him I was ready.....I wanted the acne gone.

He sent me for blood work......to check liver levels at "normal" and once they got that back, the perscribed the Acutane. Its a 6 month program (at least it was for me, I have heard of shorter treatments) the script is good for 30 days. Every 30 days, before they refilled it, I would have to go get blood work again to make sure the liver levels were okay.

The Dermatologist forwarned me, it will get worse before it gets better. It did, but not drastically. (BTW....my main problem was acne on the back and chest) Then it started to clear up....and I was amazed.

I had been the guy the never took his shirt off in public or around people because I was embarrassed by the acne. I was able to do that now.....and it was GREAT.

That was about 7 years ago. I still get ocassional breakouts on my back, but its one or two, not 30-40 like it use to be.

Only side effect that I noticed.......was when I was on it...and had a weekend of drinking I would "flush out"...and be beet red. that went away as soon as I stopped the treatment. I know....probably not a good idea to drink while on it....but I was single and hitting the bars looking for some fun.....so......I'll pay for it later, to late now.

Anyways....been there.....done them all.........I HIGHLY reccomend the Acutane treatment.

PolyLoveTriad
May 22, 2007, 4:56 AM
I never had any acne when I was a teen. When I was 28 yrs old however, BOOM I had acne and it was bad. I went to a dermatologist and found out thats lots of women who didnt have problems with it in their teens get acne during their mid to late 20's. HE had me use normal Dove moisterizing soap. I was like wth? I need anti biotics, or something gimmie something good not this soap crap!

But I did it anyway, just simple moisterizing soap, wash my face once when I woke up, once before bed, just 2 times a day that was all. Within 2 weeks most of it was gone and all of it was gone in a month. I was completely amazed to say the least.

So I say, try a moisterizing soap, dont scrub, use your fingers to gently wash your face with it and rinse and pat dry dont rub your face dry. Its cheap, and if it works, youre in business! *hugs*

Mrs.F
May 22, 2007, 9:29 AM
The dermatologist told me also to use a mild soap morning and night and do NOT scrub hard. When you scrub hard you just open more pores and will break out more. Made sense to me but was still hard to not want to scrub the hell out of my face to make it clean. :rolleyes: However, that did not work for me either. Which is why I have tried the Proactiv and yes, it's expensive but my skin and face look and feel so much better and cleaner. I even went as far as switching make up because what I had been using was making my skin oily also. So I now use Sheer Cover which is made of minerals. I love it and it hides blemishes and the redness of your face. It's a powder foundation and it looks like you don't even have make up on. I'm impressed! :bigrin:

The only thing I still get no matter what I'm using is acne face before my monthly friend arrives. I guess I can't stop that. :mad:

the mage
May 22, 2007, 9:42 AM
Use pure odorless soaps,
Eat your vegies.
Avoid too much milk and chocolate and sugar.
Check for allergies too.

ForbiddenWindow
May 22, 2007, 10:30 AM
heh i've had it before yea it sucks. i just try to keep my face free of grease and keep it clean. theres really nothing else ya can do if ya got it bad.

Just wash it with warm hot water. Works for me :)