PDA

View Full Version : Guys -- Have You Ever Told a Girlfriend That You're Bi?

fred fencesitter
Jan 14, 2010, 7:10 PM
I don't mean necessarily that you plan on sleeping with a man in the near future. It could just mean that you want her to know that your sexual history includes some men and you think that she deserves to know. Is there any way that this conversation can go well? I told a casual GF one morning (after a very nice night together), and I quickly added that I'm healthy and capable of being monogamous, if we so chose. She seemed to take it all right, though I never brought it up again.

Giggles100
Jan 14, 2010, 7:39 PM
Ye I'v told every girl I'v been with so far. It's never an Issue In the bad sense of the word. Most girls ask how that works etc etc. Exactly the same as boys would ask a Bi girl how it works.

Expect to deal with requests for threesomes though if your playing the dating game :rolleyes:.

fred fencesitter
Jan 14, 2010, 8:04 PM
Well, that I can definitely deal with!

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Jan 14, 2010, 9:28 PM
Most folks respond well to open honesty, Hon. No lies, no hidden agendas, no surprises...we women especially appreciate that. :}
Good job.
Cat

PyreBi
Jan 14, 2010, 9:43 PM
I jave told every girlfriend since I became bi. Yay me.

texbama
Jan 14, 2010, 11:12 PM
im in a similar boat i have been going out with this girl since my sophmore year and now at 18 i want to tell her that im bi... she isn't conservative towards GBLT rights so i assume she would take it better of course no person is the same but if y'all could share your stories about coming out to your GF that would be very helpful for reassuring me

thank you everyone

citystyleguy
Jan 15, 2010, 12:27 AM
yep! all of them and/or attempted to! honesty, honesty, honesty!

biandpround
Jan 15, 2010, 5:14 PM
yeah i'm in high school and all of my friends and girlfriend know i'm bi. after telling my girlfriend she admitted to being bicurious. u can definitely have a healthy relationship with a girlfriend and still have her know

darkeyes
Jan 16, 2010, 8:06 AM
Got off wiv a guy in a club in London 1ce. We got chattin in tween dancin an snoggin..well ya havta cum up for air sumtimes.. had a lil 2 much 2 drink an so Fran's tongue wos loosened an let it slip me wos bi... can't memba wot 'is reaction wos precisely, but do memba 'im cummin back from loo wiv a girl in tow expectin that 'e wos gettin a luffly 3 some...

.. me wosn that sozzed.. hav nev liked automatic expectation an liked 2 choose who me bedded:eek:

Giggles100
Jan 16, 2010, 8:33 AM
Got off wiv a guy in a club in London 1ce. We got chattin in tween dancin an snoggin..well ya havta cum up for air sumtimes.. had a lil 2 much 2 drink an so Fran's tongue wos loosened an let it slip me wos bi... can't memba wot 'is reaction wos precisely, but do memba 'im cummin back from loo wiv a girl in tow expectin that 'e wos gettin a luffly 3 some...

.. me wosn that sozzed.. hav nev liked automatic expectation an liked 2 choose who me bedded:eek:

I hate when peep's think just cos your Bi you'll be up for a 3 play :rolleyes:. Thankfully it happens to you Bi girls a bit more often but it's still too much for me :eek:. It's always minging guys too! Don't they realise they are Blue Square Premiership material and I'm top of the Coco Cola Championship? Fair play your girlfriend is Stoke City but you can't trade off her looks all your life pal!

Did you perform the Godfather style slapadaface? I'm a firm believer in it! :bigrin:

darkeyes
Jan 16, 2010, 9:23 AM
I hate when peep's think just cos your Bi you'll be up for a 3 play :rolleyes:. Thankfully it happens to you Bi girls a bit more often but it's still too much for me :eek:. It's always minging guys too! Don't they realise they are Blue Square Premiership material and I'm top of the Coco Cola Championship? Fair play your girlfriend is Stoke City but you can't trade off her looks all your life pal!

Did you perform the Godfather style slapadaface? I'm a firm believer in it! :bigrin:

Jus don like assumptions Gigsy.. for me 2 make 'em is 1 thing.. for oth peeps quite anotha.. :tong:

Mingin guys..??? Ya sure they even that gud?. tee hee. An Stoke City??? Really....!!!!!! Me a Jam Tart Gigsy... as all decent yummie girls shud b...:bigrin:

fred fencesitter
Jan 16, 2010, 10:48 AM
Is this incomprehensible regional British accent day on Bisexual.com?;)

darkeyes
Jan 16, 2010, 11:16 AM

Soz...me no undastand word ya say...tee hee:tong:

bistraightpat
Jan 16, 2010, 10:58 PM
I told my last gf and it really turned her on. Too bad it didn't last long enough to put it to good use.

coyotedude
Jan 18, 2010, 12:49 AM
Yes I have. As I mentioned in another thread, I told my last girlfriend the first night we started going together. Since we've been married for 13 years now, I'd say the conversation went rather well.

A couple of previous girlfriends knew as well. The conversation went very well with the first; in fact, my only MMF threesome came as a result of that conversation! The second conversation didn't go as well, but it didn't go poorly, either; we were together for a couple of years afterward.

I think that honesty is important in a relationship. Being bi is part of who I am. If a potential female partner has a problem with my bisexuality, then how can I truly share my life with that person?

I suppose it's a rougher road, however, when you don't figure out that your bi until you're already in a relationship. I certainly have no answers for that one, but I feel for the folks in that situation.

Peace

rissababynta
Jan 18, 2010, 1:16 AM
Soz...me no undastand word ya say...tee hee:tong:

LMFAO Fran, gotta love ya.

niftyshellshock
Jan 18, 2010, 1:27 AM
Yeah, two.
Both were bi, so no reaction.

Giggles100
Jan 18, 2010, 4:58 AM

Careful freds having a zeta again :rolleyes:. Lucky the yank ain't got a tube n we can rabbit all day about him being a right peter kay and bending over brighton pier :bigrin:.

Giggles contemplates an evil laugh.... :flag2:

darkeyes
Jan 18, 2010, 6:14 AM
Careful freds having a zeta again :rolleyes:. Lucky the yank ain't got a tube n we can rabbit all day about him being a right peter kay and bending over brighton pier :bigrin:.

Giggles contemplates an evil laugh.... :flag2:

Me sista has "Trainspottin" she got on dvd wile she wos in Chicago.. she cudn resist.. wos dubbed... it the mos hysterical thing... dus reely make me wonda if 'mericans undastand the Queens Edinburgh.. tee hee..:bigrin:.. makes me feel like sum lil tart from Mumbai wen me wotches me own lingo dubbed inta... well..me own lingo.. :tong:

Giggles100
Jan 18, 2010, 11:53 AM
Me sista has "Trainspottin" she got on dvd wile she wos in Chicago.. she cudn resist.. wos dubbed... it the mos hysterical thing... dus reely make me wonda if 'mericans undastand the Queens Edinburgh.. tee hee..:bigrin:.. makes me feel like sum lil tart from Mumbai wen me wotches me own lingo dubbed inta... well..me own lingo.. :tong:

Lmao!

It's cool having your own little language though. When travelling with friends we have really dirty conversations in Welsh..... Most people say "Aw what a beautiful language" :bigrin:. They wouldn't think it was beautiful if they knew what we were talking about :eek:.

BiPhone
Jan 18, 2010, 1:44 PM
I told my girlfriend after about a month or so. She was really okay about it and after about a year she was also okay with me having some "gentleman-time" from time to time. The reason this has been so hitch-free I think is because we have been honest with each other all the way.

She knows this isn't because its something wrong with her or the sex we have. And she even said it would be selfish of her to deny me this since I then would have to live life "less". I love even more if possible because of that.

I sometime still feel selfish since i need to have sex with men from time to time. But I guess that's the curse of being bi :tong:

Jackal
Jan 18, 2010, 8:21 PM
Not a man but I do have a bi man. He never really told me I just figured it out and let him accept himself gradually. He doesn't have to be out if he doesn't want to. I would be upset if my man didn't tell me he was bi for a long time however. I would want to know why they didn't think they could trust me with it since I trust my partner with so many things.

DareMe
Jan 19, 2010, 7:44 PM
A few years ago, before I got married, a girl I was seeing (dating would have been to strong of a word here ;) plain out asked me if I ever had sex with a man. I don't know what came over me, I actually told her the truth! (by saying yes)

Maybe it's because I knew she was very liberated and had some 3somes in her past.

Darn thing is that, I have completely lost touch with her.

DM

AdamKadmon43
Jan 19, 2010, 9:51 PM
I once sort of neglected to mention to a girlfriend that I am bisexual..... So she Googled me, and everything I ever posted in here showed up.

She did not take it very well, and it has caused me no end of trouble.

You might just want to just tell them at the outset. And if they can't deal with it...... Fuck 'em.

Canticle
Jan 19, 2010, 10:03 PM
I once sort of neglected to mention to a girlfriend that I am bisexual..... So she Googled me, and everything I ever posted in here showed up.

You might just want to just tell them at the outset. And if they can't deal with it...... Fuck 'em.

You miss out a few facts. You miss out a lot of facts. You always do. Get it right. You built a web site. You wanted me to see the blog. I couldn't access it, so googled the site name to find out a way of accessing it (I didn't understand about Yahoo). The name of this site came up in the search. Glad I found out this site. The people here have been brilliant to talk to and to listen to me. What a pity you were not. By the way, anything anyone posts here, shows up on a google search, not just you.

Was I a girlfriend? Gee, what a pity you didn't treat me like one, instead of doing what you have been doing for the last...Oh, nearly four years! You ain't no victim Adam...it don't wash no more.

Bicuriousity
Jan 19, 2010, 11:23 PM
You miss out a few facts. You miss out a lot of facts. You always do. Get it right. You built a web site. You wanted me to see the blog. I couldn't access it, so googled the site name to find out a way of accessing it (I didn't understand about Yahoo). The name of this site came up in the search. Glad I found out this site. The people here have been brilliant to talk to and to listen to me. What a pity you were not. By the way, anything anyone posts here, shows up on a google search, not just you.

Was I a girlfriend? Gee, what a pity you didn't treat me like one, instead of doing what you have been doing for the last...Oh, nearly four years! You ain't no victim Adam...it don't wash no more.

Wow, uh oh. We need to air this out in ex lovers court.

Glad you are here now to learn more about bisexuals at least! It shows alot of openmindedness and we appreciate it.

Canticle
Jan 19, 2010, 11:47 PM
Wow, uh oh. We need to air this out in ex lovers court.

Glad you are here now to learn more about bisexuals at least! It shows alot of openmindedness and we appreciate it.

Smiles.....yeah

Canticle
Jan 20, 2010, 1:02 AM

I neglected to mention. From your posts here I found out what a liar you are. And still are. I was never anyone's girlfriend!! I was used. End of message. End of contribution to thread.

Giggles100
Jan 20, 2010, 5:24 AM
Why are you such a hateful person Canticle? You seem to pick fights with everyone.

We have enough homophobia/biphobia out there in real life without having nasty peep's on our "support and community forums" :(.

Canticle
Jan 20, 2010, 2:18 PM
Why are you such a hateful person Canticle? You seem to pick fights with everyone.

We have enough homophobia/biphobia out there in real life without having nasty peep's on our "support and community forums" :(.

Giggles.....umm....would you like to explain.....in your vast experience of knowing me...which you don't...in what way I am a hateful person and in what way I seem to pick fights with every one. Can you quote aything I have written which shows me to have homophobia or biphobia. What tells you, young man, that I am a nasty person? (I am not a ''peep'') I really would like to know, for you are obviously an extremely knowledgeable, dare I say psychic person, when it comes to judging the characters of others.

I notice that you are new to the site. You joined on January 6th and have made 101 posts. An average of 7. something per day. You have been busy.

Let me put you right young man. I am not homophobic. I am not biphobic. Got it!! A phobia is a fear of something. What do I have to fear from homosexuality and bisexuality??? Please enlighten me.

Soooo.....tell me, why I am a hateful person???? Is it because I answer a post made by someone I know...really know....a post which was about me and a post which was not accurate or truthful. You may be a very nice young man, but unless you know exactly what you are talking about and know me, really know me.....I believe you have no right to make such libellous comments about me.

What biphobia and homophobia have to do with me commeting upon the post of someone I know, making a less than truthful post about me, is completely lost on me. When I say ''knowing someone''...it doesn't mean me chatting in the site chat room!

There are many excellent people upon this site. As far as I am concerned, when I talk to them, I am talking to people.....not a sexuality. I connect with minds and personalities....not the genitalia or sexuality of the people I am talking to. You will find homo/bi/hetero-phobia, racism, religious intolerance etc, wherever you go. I have my thoughts and views about many things...but I would always fight for people to have the right to live how they wish, worship how they wish, not be persecuted etc etc.

Young man, you don't know me at all and yet you decide that you do and then you insult me. Thanks a lot.

Giggles100
Jan 20, 2010, 4:04 PM
I'd rather not argue with anyone on the site Canticle :). Please don't PM me all those messages too they freak me out.

Canticle
Jan 20, 2010, 5:24 PM
I'd rather not argue with anyone on the site Canticle :). Please don't PM me all those messages too they freak me out.

I apologise if I sent a duplicate message to you. I pmd for a reason. It's not really the done things to admoish a person in public, for pming you. I have no argument with you, but if I am wrongly accused of something, I do have the right of reply and your post here was totally out of order. You've only been here two weeks. You don't know people yet.

chr1sy
Feb 1, 2010, 5:29 AM
i lucky my gf told me 2 men together turns her on. So i admitted i have been with guys before which turned her on even more so we now suck cocks together.

tpk925
Feb 2, 2010, 6:31 PM
I told mt GF and she got all excited and wanted to watch and she ended up naked and playing. Sh liked seeing us suck each other and I let him fuck her. We have done several times since.

pelthas
Feb 2, 2010, 7:09 PM
It could be a good thing cause you never know, she may also be bi, such as my situation.

supersunshineman
Feb 2, 2010, 7:46 PM
A few months ago, I was on a date with a woman and we were really hitting it off. After a few drinks we opened up and started talking about sex and our experiences. During this conversation she told me she was bi and liked women one occasion, and I'm thinking to myself "wow, finally a woman that can relate." So, when I tell her that I'm bi, she literally freaks out and ends the date. In her mind, it's OK if women are bi, but it's completely unacceptable for men? I realized then that there is a level of hypocrisy among some bisexuals towards bi-men.

rissababynta
Feb 2, 2010, 7:48 PM
A few months ago, I was on a date with a woman and we were really hitting it off. After a few drinks we opened up and started talking about sex and our experiences. During this conversation she told me she was bi and liked women one occasion, and I'm thinking to myself "wow, finally a woman that can relate." So, when I tell her that I'm bi, she literally freaks out and ends the date. In her mind, it's OK if women are bi, but it's completely unacceptable for men? I realized then that there is a level of hypocrisy among some bisexuals towards bi-men.

Wow, that is just messed up. Sorry you had to experience that.

void()
Feb 2, 2010, 7:49 PM
Yep. Told her and she still married me. We've been together for about 12-13 yrs now, married about 10-11 of those. She's straight. I still love her and she me.

TwylaTwobits
Feb 2, 2010, 8:50 PM
I know LDD told me before we ever got beyond flirting, by sending me here.

daewoo69
Feb 26, 2010, 1:36 AM
one night my then G/F and I were talking about sex after a lovemaking session. And she said that i would make a good cock sucker, and she would like me to try it. Well that was 14 years ago. we are now happly married and we both swing both ways. To which i think im very lucky to have a life partner like that.

born2pleasure
Feb 26, 2010, 1:29 PM
I've only told several people. A couple of women I've flirted with and had sex with. I've also told one good friend (since HS). I haven't told anyone in my family, wife, or ex-wife. My family would probably cope ok, not so sure about my wife. I already know she's become uncomfortable during conversations about my extensive (compared to her anyway) past experiences. I don't feel it's worth the risk to find out.

tenni
Feb 26, 2010, 5:48 PM
daewood69
That's good. I wonder if she was trying to break the ice that she was bi with those comments..;)

I was watching something on the television today. They didn't seem to know about bisexual but they were talking about gay and straight. They said something that I have suspected. Society and people are more willing to accept two women together than two men. They used references about how even straight women will hold hands and kiss each other but that just doesn't go down well if it was two men. Women nor others will accept a man interested in physical contact with another man. One said if a guy is with a guy then he is gay. On the other hand two women together well that is more forgiving as to whether they are gay. They reference Ann Hesch and how people do not think of her as gay (anymore). Interesting.

one night my then G/F and I were talking about sex after a lovemaking session. And she said that i would make a good cock sucker, and she would like me to try it. Well that was 14 years ago. we are now happly married and we both swing both ways. To which i think im very lucky to have a life partner like that.

bensonhurstbiguy
Mar 1, 2010, 1:35 AM
So this is actually my first time posting here (hi!) but I do enjoy answering this question:

My girlfriend (of almost 5 years now) has known since before day 1 that I'm bi. Actually when we first met in college, my senior year and her freshman, I was completely out of the closet as being gay. At that point I only ever hooked up with and for the most part felt attracted to men. So my current girlfriend and I became friends and she knew I was into men.

As the year went on, we flirted, we got to know each other, became best friends even. And then we realized we both wanted to take it to the next level. Which was confusing for us, and all our friends. But we went for it because why risk not being happy because of some labels?

From the start we talked about how my interest in guys would never go away and we discussed if I'd be allowed to hook up, if we'd have threesomes, etc. At this point threesomes don't interest her much (unfortunately) but she's completely cool with me hooking up with guys. She tells me often that she'd prefer not to know when or with who, but I feel that it is something she should always know (though truthfully, it hasn't happened in close to 4 years now...just don't find the opportunities).

designerclothing
Mar 1, 2010, 7:12 AM
its all out in the open now!